"An appreciation for aesthetic is part of the fiber of Jawbone. It has to be beautiful."
***With your application, please include your 3 most relevant writing/portfolio samples.***
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
About the Department
Our Editorial team sits within the Brand and Marketing team at Jawbone Health. We work across the product lifecycle, from initial user brand engagement to day-to-day product content, as well as customer care messaging and support. It’s our job to ensure our presence in the world is clear, compelling and as carefully crafted as our products. We think holistically about the user and product experience, and work closely with the Design, Product, Data and Software Engineering teams to bring a cohesive experience to life within our software applications and other products.
About the Job
The Senior Brand Writer / Content Strategist reports to the Director of Content, Brand Experience and is responsible for all brand, marketing and social-related content. This person will drive relevant concepts and develop communications to address the goals and experience, as they are shared with the Jawbone Health community and wider audiences. They will collaborate most often with the Creative Director and Head of Marketing, in addition to other members of the brand team, extended cross-functional team and external agencies.
In addition to brand creative, this writer will also develop and deliver health-related content for the product, including for our Smart Coach feature. They will collaborate with other members of the Brand, Editorial, Design, Medical and Product Management teams to develop content that is clear, relevant and motivating for our users to live better lives.
To be successful in this role, it is critical to be both a creative storyteller, as well as a system-thinker.
* As noted above, please include your 3 most relevant writing/portfolio samples with your application.
Core Brand Responsibilities:
Draft strategy, concepts, messaging, logic and final copy for all content within the Jawbone.com and digital marketing ecosystem, including:
- New feature and product releases
- Digital store and channel partner concepts and digital messaging
- Marketing email copy to delight users and drive customer response
- Refine and own Jawbone copy guidelines and rules in collaboration with other members of the Editorial team
- Ensure consistent, accurate and high-quality content
- Participate in creative brainstorming for projects and concepts
Core Product Responsibilities:
- Draft concepts, logic and final copy for content-rich features within Jawbone’s app ecosystem, while thinking holistically about the overall user experience
- Implement content within our content management system by creating appropriate triggers and labels, and troubleshooting technical issues as needed
- Work closely with Editorial team writers to provide feedback, guidance and creative review of content, including scalability of solutions and lifecycle engagement
- Understand app functionality to develop appropriate triggers for content with the ideal user experience in mind
- Evaluate content analytics and prioritize actionable follow-up for the Editorial and Product teams
- Support the evolution of the company voice and ensure consistency across the product
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a copywriter within a creative marketing or creative agency team
- Love of the written word; superior written, oral and editorial skills
- Able to think holistically about the content system and put oneself in the mind of the customer, and where in the customer's journey the communication falls
- Able to interpret often complex problems and concepts into engaging, clear and relatable communications
- Able to balance brand and commerce needs and messaging
- A love of branding and brand tonality
- An eye for detail and nuance
- An understanding of content management systems, including content tagging and rule creation for targeting
- Demonstrated experience with data-driven decision making
- Exceptionally observant, listens well and works collaboratively with others
- Superb communicator with all cross-functional teams, exudes positive energy and is willing to go the extra mile for the company and their peers
- Strong interpersonal skills and eager to work across all departments, even when it means venturing outside of their comfort zone; keen awareness of knowledge gaps and willingness to learn new skills
- Flexibility and autonomous working style; ability to prioritize while maintaining adaptability
- Expert problem-solving, communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency with tools, such as word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Basic algebra and quantitative reasoning skills
- Intensely curious and passionate about science and for solving health problems through technology is a plus